Experimenting today, working on writing a scene that will not appear in the final product, something that's absolutely extraneous to the plot. I'm doing this to try and work on characterization, seeing if the characters I'm imagining are what's happening on the page. So far, it's close, but missing the target. One character's too bitchy, the other's not bitchy enough. He's too sympathetic, I've got to make him more villainy. I don't know if it was the situation I chose or what, that's leading to this personality change, but I've got to amp him up, or he'll end up sounding like a copy of the other main character.
Labels: Black Hole Son, experiments, freewriting