Update of the Moment

The writing's been good lately, as far as I'm concerned. Not as much as I would like, but at least I'm getting good ideas. Right now, I'm working on the timeline for the story. Not to say I'm done with the characterization, but that seems to be where the pencil compass is pointing, and I'd prefer to flow with it than resist it. I can come back to characterization later.
I was talking before about how I should submit something so I can get my foot in the door. Well, I was thinking of submitting something I wrote a long time ago (in college), that I never really expected to be submitting for publishing. It's one of the few things that's not fan fiction, so I should be OK to submit it. I don't think it's publishable myself, but who knows. Fantasy seems to be big these days, and I'm sure people are hungry for something that's not a Tolkein clone. I need to revise it at least once before I submit it though, there are parts I'm still not happy with, and I'm hoping I've learned more skills to be able to punch through that. I'm looking forward to reading it again after all these years. Once a story is done I try not to look at it again, for fear I'll see some typo that will cause a nervous breakdown.

Labels: , ,