From It to the Tower

Man, after completing It, regular novels seem like speed reading. I started Dark Tower 6 on Monday and finished it today (Thursday) at noon. I don't know how long it took me to plow through It, but I felt like the Song of Susannah was only a couple notes. (Goddamn, never call me a genius. I didn't realize what the "song" of Susannah was until I just wrote that. I'm a writer, not Faulkner. Gee, they only mention it a hundred times in the book.) The part of the inclusion of the author was delightful and ethereal, I was looking forward to it since the end of book five, but I'm not convinced that was the real King in there, whether he was "playing himself" or "being himself". He seemed too jovial. It's hard to know without knowing the guy. One more to go.
Almost done with the Galerians bible. I'm on the timeline now, which is the last part. Hopefully, I won't need to follow it strictly, like I did for previous works. I'm really going to try to just let the story flow out, and not follow the fossil record. I'm not going to rely on it as heavily as I did for Blood 2, at least I'm going to try not to.
Also reading some of the articles on Sherwood Smith's site. She's a YA fantasy writer that I found in the bookateria when I was a wee one. I loved her Wren novels, but never picked up a damn thing else she wrote. Wren was a special book for me, one that I hope to pass on to my kids. Hopefully not in the order I read them (I read the second one first, then the first one, then the last).

Labels: , ,