Galerians Bible Done

The Galerians Bible is done! As done as it should be I think. Now there's a couple ways I could go on this. One is revise it one more time, there's still a few gaps in the plot. Another is I could give it to my woman and let her look at it, see what she thinks, what needs to change, or what she, as a potential reader/editor/slushkiller would think of it, from a concept state.
The thing with these two options are A) they would help me solidify the story/characters/etc. without doing a whole lot of work or backtracking once I get the written word down and B) they're both ways of avoiding writing. Avoiding writing is bad. That means I'm not writing. And most authors advise against that. They would also poo-poo my story guide (maybe I can write it off as world-building), but I like the story guide, it helps me realize what the fossil is before I start excavating it. I guess other writers just start at one end of the fossil and work their way to the end. I must have fossil ADD, cause I jump around to different parts of the story when I'm thinking of ideas. That's why it's hard for me to just start writing without a clear idea of where I'm going and where I'm going to end up.
Finally got some comments on FictionSlamming. And one Yes vote. Boss! That makes me a little more confident that my material is publishable.

Labels: ,