Whining About How I'm Not Good Enough

Sometimes it's so hard to read news in the Sci-Fi news world, especially the awards. I'm always overcome with the feeling that no matter how hard I try, no matter how many books, short stories, paragraphs I write, it's all gonna be just an overlooked drop in the bucket. Even the stuff that's not nominated sounds so much better than what I do. So much more world-building, so much more creative ideas. I look at TV shows today and find myself jealous. Every good quip, every smartly delivered line - 'I wish I could write like that'. Every movie, every short story I read - 'I wish I could write like that'. I'm afraid how I write isn't compatible with the rest of the world. I'm not sharp enough, or witty enough. I don't know enough words, I don't know the right words, the zippy ones. And that the concept of getting published is just a pipe dream.

Labels: ,