Navigation Bar

HOME  |   ABOUT ME  |   MERM-8  |   DISNEY VILLAINS  |   VIDEO GAME MEMORIES  |   OTHER WORKS

Quote Generator



Monday, May 07, 2007

My Teeny Collection

On the right you can see my new LibraryThing catalog that will show you five random books that I've read or can remember reading. After what I consider to be an exhaustive pass through my memory and my collection, I discovered that I've read around 132 books. This disappoints me really, in my quest to become a writer, as I realize that I really haven't read that many "books". Most of my time during high school and college was wasted reading Star Trek books (most of which I haven't listed) and fan fiction. When I realized that, a little voice in my head said "wasted? wasted?!" I do wonder if what I was reading was wasted time I could have been reading classics and otherwise published authors that would have actually helped me become a better writer, instead of absorbing drivel from fans. Not to say the stories weren't great and I enjoyed what I enjoyed, but truth be told, only about 5% of fan fiction out there is worth reading, and I don't know what of that total would be considered "publishable writing". So it's like I've been watching indie films and amateur home movies, and now I'm trying to make Spider-Man 3. And most of these books are ones I have not read recently, except for the Stephen King.
Post a Comment