Back

Sorry, I've been neglecting this blog. I've been sick the past two days, and before that I was concentrating on Avatar.

I've decided not to change the ending, after much agonizing over it, trying to find something better, something not so deus ex. After re-reading my critiques, I realized that only one person thought the ending was deus ex, out of about 10. Some others didn't like it, but frankly, I don't know a better way to end it. My original alternative ending was to bring back the game judge, but that was essentially also a deus ex ending. I couldn't find anyway to end it well and not have someone come in and save his ass. I figure why not make it the serpent dragon, since we keep hearing about him, but have never seen him.

I think an important thing to remember in writing is that just because it's the first thing you thought of, doesn't mean it's wrong.

Labels: ,