How to Revise Avatar

Now that Avatar is done, I'm a bit confused about how to proceed. Should I incorporate the changes I made, revise totally, then look at the critiques, or look at the critiques, compile a list of things that need to change, change those, then revise the story totally over, or some recombination of above. I'm trying to figure out how to get the most done in the least amount of time, so I'm not running over material over and over.

For both Blood 2 and Black Hole Son, I've been keeping a list of things that need to change in the next revision. I'm not sure if I plan to do those before or after, whether it'll prevent me from angling the story somewhere spontaneous if I ignore them, or if I don't, whether I may end up cutting something I just spent two days revising.

It seems that the most efficient way is the assembly line process. Compile the list, change the things on the list, then revise totally. I think that's the most effcient. I don't know if it's the best way, since I'll be skipping around, or whether it's the best for the flow of the writing. But at least this is just a short story.

Labels: ,