Harry Potter and the Depressing Writing Career

Two events in the past few days. One, my wife finally finished Blood 2: The Unforgiven. Does this mean I can jump into revising it now? Hell no. In fact, I'm not even sure if I want to revise it. It seems like it would be too much work. Lost story threads, unconcluded plot elements, underdeveloped characters, overdeveloped drama, copyrighted characters, and the whole thing's just depressing. Who would want to read it? I wonder if I'm better off focusing on publishable works and advancing my career, amateur as it is.

The second is I got my Harry Potter books yesterday. A box set of all 7 that came in a cool trunk (that'll be a good toy for my kid), and they're all beautiful hardcover. I've already read the first one (and I'm reading it again now), and I hope to be done before the last movie comes out in 2010, or before someone spoils the ending for me. I've got a long way to go, baby.

Labels: ,