Checking in

Other things have occupied my time in this past few days, preventing from blogging (but not writing, fortunately). Between getting ready for the baby, new responsomobilities at work, and day-to-day stuff, time keeps on slipping slipping slipping into the future.

The biggest challenge I have to overcome now is getting Avatar out the door. Here are the steps I have to do.

1. Do a final proofread in manuscript format. Checking for punctuation and grammar.
2. Print out said document.
3. Find or buy large envelopes (ones that can fit an 8 x 11 sheet).
4. Address one to the proper place (Asimov's for the first one), and put the story inside.
5. Bring two envelopes, plus story to the post office. Tell them to have the full package weighed to know what the postage is. Then put it all into one envelope and mail it.

The post office is the hardest part, because lord knows that I hate interacting with people, and I especially get nervous when I don't quite know what I'm doing. I always have to plan out what I'm going to say ahead of time. If I don't, I know I'm going to sound like a retard. "Uh... envelopes... you weigh. Good story." I sound like Yeto in Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Labels: