Navigation Bar

HOME  |   ABOUT ME  |   MERM-8  |   DISNEY VILLAINS  |   VIDEO GAME MEMORIES  |   OTHER WORKS

Quote Generator



Thursday, April 10, 2008

Fairy Story Started

So since I've got some time at work now, I've got time to do some writing, even though I'm not done with Blood 2 revisions. So now I'm working on my fairy story. Problem is I've got no plot. I feel like I don't have enough information to go on. I wonder what to do in this case. Should I flesh out the world-building more, until I've got something, or just start writing and let the world-building flow more organically.

I think the problem is I've got the opening scene idea, but I just can't see it clearly enough. It's like there are gray parts clouding the picture in my mind. I don't know what those are filled in with. I guess I just can't decide which way to go, like a choose-your-own-adventure book. I don't know which one will yield the results I want.

I can't remember what I did for Avatar, I can't remember how much world-building I did before I started writing. I seem to recall having almost no notes, besides the visual in my head. Then as I went on, I started making notes about what was going to happen next - very short, just for reference, nothing super far in the future. I ended up restructuring the story heavily, and I'm not sure how solid a story I ended up with - the rejection letters are not very informative.
Post a Comment