Some Days You Don't Feel Like Writing

Some days you just don't feel like writing. You're back at work, knowing you'll be moving to another department in a few days, one which may not be as merciful. Your body aches because of the changing weather. The baby is cranky all the time, and needs constant attention or she'll start crying. The stock market is crashing down around your ears, and you're worried society is heading for The Grapes of Wrath, and there's nothing you can do about it. So what's the point of writing some crappy kaiju story that won't net you more than pizza money?

But you know you gotta write, because that's what you do. That's who you are. Maybe the story doesn't match how you feel right now, but you can't let emotions get in the way of a plot. Maybe you'd rather melt in some video games right now, but that's not an option at work. (I don't dare put video games on my laptop for fear I will get distracted). You've got to write this story so you can write the next one.

I spent my writing time last week transferring the handwritten notes for Mermaid story and others to electronic format. Not very exciting. A lot of it was repetitious notes. A great deal on the beginning part, but not much on the ending. I have a vague, but complete plot outline in my head, but it's nothing I can use. Not that I'll be working on that anytime soon, but I don't even feel like writing the stuff for today. It's one of those days when everything feels futile.

Labels: ,