Year In Review

Well, since it's fun to look back, let's examine the year in review.

At the beginning of the year, I only had Avatar (now Playable Character) in my short story harem. Now I've got seven more making the rounds.

Speaking of Playable Character, it was also the year of my first sale to The Dunesteef. Although I'm still waiting on publication and payment. Hopefully, it'll be soon and I can start saying "published" instead of "accepted for publication".

The big thing was that I finished Black Hole Son and started sending it out to agents. That meant I had to make my first query letter, and boy howdy did I have trouble. But after a lot of research and forum postings, I got something sembling coherency.

The trouble with writing is that there are few big events. You grind out word after word, you generate a few ideas, you throw away things that don't work and look for things that do. Nonetheless, here are some of my favorite blog posts from 2009.

Bioshock: The First Impressions

Bioshock: The Wrap Up

Ass-Kicking Women: Buff or Beautiful

Science Fiction Movies

Video Game Memories #20: Final Fantasy VII

The Story of the Death Clock

Video Game Memories #24: Galerians

Sexual Identity != Identity

Healing Mage is On Critters (Again)

Nominations are Awesome

Video Game Memories #28: Kingdom Hearts

Dean Wesley Smith: Current Object of My Ire

My First Sale!

Interpersonal Relationships in SF Writing

Why I Don't Care For Short Stories

Charlie Stross Hates Star Trek

Why I Don't Have an eBook Reader, And Likely Will Never Get One

Alexa Jean

Labels: