Where am I at? (For the 0 people who care)

Short stories: I've finished Fairy Kingdom and sent to to Flash Fiction Online. We just passed the min time for expecting a reply, so hopefully I should know something soon. Revising White Mage story was a pain in the ass, because of all the restructuring, and I'm wondering whether I improved the story or nerfed it. It feels like its less than it was now, but maybe that's because there's too much here for a short story. I'm working on Vampire Family story now, which is getting too mixed for me to figure out what to do. And Avatar continues to languish in Hub-land.

While I'm on the subject I just want to say that I really hate writing short stories. I wish someone could tell me how to make a short story writer out of a novel writer.

Black Hole Son: Draft 2 is done, and now ready for the door open. I've printed out a copy to give to my wife, and two people on Critters have volunteered to RFDR it. This makes me happy (but it also likely means I'm going to get an influx of information that will just confuse me and nerf the story like White Mage Story). I hope most of the feedback is technical. Also I found out there's some book called "Deader Still" that also uses "object memory", only they call it (and I don't if this is the technical name) "psychometry". Nothing new under the sun.

Other: It's time to start researching for Mermaid story. Problem is, the library has none of the books I need for this. And this is a major metropolitan area. It makes me disappointed - I thought the library had a good selection. Besides that, reading lots of Gaiman lately - Graveyard Book, Sandman, Fragile Things.

Labels: , , , , ,