Navigation Bar

HOME  |   ABOUT ME  |   MERM-8  |   DISNEY VILLAINS  |   VIDEO GAME MEMORIES  |   OTHER WORKS

Quote Generator



Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Alien Boxing in the can

Another shit short story in the can. This one's about alien boxing, and once again, it sounded a lot better in my head than it did on the paper. I think the devil's in the details. A lot has to happen before you get to the climax and none of it seems terribly "movement"y. I mean, it's a boxing match. I'm fudging a lot of details I don't know, and glossing over the bits I do know for speed's sake.

I wish I knew the formula to these things. The short stories I see are so damn diverse that they feel more like scenes from a novel, or micrscopic glimpses into a well-thought out world. I just can't get the knack of it, but it's the only thing I can do while waiting for my damn novel to come together. At this point it might be more efficient to start revising before I get the RFDRs back.

At least half the battle is knowing I suck.
Post a Comment