Finished with White Mage critiques

Finished going through White Mage Story critiques. All were pretty positive, nothing overwhelmingly breaking. Nothing needing a total rewrite, at least I don't think. Most is stuff I can't or won't use, but this is good to me, because it means people are interested and, in a sense, writing their own fan fiction about it. Whether this makes me publishable is yet to be seen.

A few people have their ideas of how the story should go (and faithfully provide). A few people feel the story lacks a sense of urgency, or something to react to. But I don't listen to a few people. I listen to most people.

But I thought this anecdote was amusing. As I was compiling all my critique e-mails into a single document, one caught my eye that had the words "Hogwarts rip-off". Nothing I didn't expect to see. I was called on my Harry Potter qualities in the first round of critiques. Still, last night, my mind was on trying to distinguish my world from Harry Potter world.

Of course today, I get to said-critique. And it contains the phrase, "You did a good job of not making it look like a Hogwarts rip-off".

C'est la vie.

Labels: ,