Now Working on Black Hole Son - Final

Okay, I'm done reading the critiques for Black Hole Son, and it's time to start the hard part - revising. This is going to be a big one, because I'm restructuring, rewriting, and in many cases, replacing entire chunks of the book. Remember back when I said I was going to revise the thing like normal, send it out, and then work on the fourth draft in the meantime, because it involved a lot of restructuring? Yeah, I decided because there's going to be a lot of restructuring, I'm going to do it all at once. That way, I can hopefully spot all the artifacts. But yeah, this is going to be one humdinger of a revision - a lot of work. But I know it's going to be okay, because I still get that giddy feeling when I dive into words, kill everything extraneous. I just hope I still got the chops for composing - because I'm going to have to do a lot of it.

Man, am I looking forward to starting Mermaid Story.

Labels: ,