My First Agent Query (Post 300)

300 Posts! And not a single comment!

Seriously, what do I need to do to get some blog exposure? Not that I'm writing this for the purpose of getting followers, but some feedback would be nice. I can't get Technorati to work for me. I never have. It's always broken. I added some Digg/StumbleUpon/etc. links at the bottom of the posts, so maybe that'll help with the 14 readers I get per month (who I think are all me). But other than that, I'm not sure what else to do. Hardcore nudity?

Anyway, today is the day I e-mailed my first agent query. I think my query is in a good place now. I've worked a lot on it - it's gone through a lot of incarnations - but I think I'm satisfied, and I think it's at a good place for agents to view it and judge me. I sent it to the Nelson Literary Agency because A) it was the first to show up in my AgentQuery query and B) it looks pretty reputable, pretty professional.

I only have about ten or so entries on my list of agents, so hopefully one will bite. If not, not sure what other resources there are, but I'm sure there are some - there can't be that few agents looking for science-fiction works.

Labels: , , ,