I don't like Reggie

Reggie File-Aime, president of Nintendo, says Wii owners don't care about HD because, by buying a Wii, we have indicated that we don't care as much about visuals as overall entertainment.

Seriously, is this guy for real? How can you make such broad generalizations with a straight face. That's like a guy who makes jackets who says "Oh, they only want to keep warm. We don't need to give them pockets, fur liners, or hoods."

How the hell do you know what I want? I have a Wii (and only a Wii), it's hooked up to my HDTV with component cables, and all I get is jaggy Pikachus, while PS3 and 360 owners get to watch Egon Spengler bust ghosts in resolution fine enough to slice cheese on.

Why wouldn't Wii owners want an HD option? You think they're all grampas hovering over a standard def playing Super BassMasters Pro? Admit it. You're just too cheap to provide one because you're making money hand over fist with Hannah Montana's Kart Racing.

Why bother giving your customers something they want when you don't have to. I'll just be over here, robotically punching a cartoon Glass Joe while my friends can see the blood-filled cracks in zombie faces.

Labels: