Status Update

Mermaid Story is going *swimmingly* (I wish I could say that's the last time I'd be using that pun, but... I'd be lying). The words are coming fast, and the story is unfolding well. My only worry is that I'm overwriting. Also, at the pace I'm going, it's going to be quite a while before I'm finished with the first draft. I'm too scared to look at my word count, so I'm not sure how much I'm pumping out per day. But it feels like I'm producing a lot.

It feels like I'm getting stories accepted everywhere. Thicker Than Water (Vampire Family Story) is in Inwood Indiana, Fairy Kingdom is in Sorcerous Signals (with an awesome cover picture!), and it's looking good for Playable Character to get into two others. Playable Character is popping off the charts. And it's an idea I had, like, a million years ago. I wish I'd written it sooner, it probably would have been more fresh and innovative.

Alexa still won't sleep. She won't even develop a pattern. I have no hope for that kid (j/k).

No bites on Black Hole Son yet. Not even close--Seven rejections/response time expirations so far. But I've still got a lot of agents to go. I haven't even reached the non-ALA members yet.

And I'm trying to write some more short fiction in the white spaces between. This is just for experimentation, seeing how to write certain things. Nothing to be published, but I will be getting feedback.

And I'm playing Bioshock again as um... research. Yeah that's it.

The big question is, what new game will I get next? Bioshock 2 or Left 4 Dead 2? Questions, questions. (and when will I ever get to play it?)

Labels: , ,