Big Macros

Before I begin, here's a follow-up to my piece on Roger Ebert.  It's not just ass-licking.  It's a heartfelt story about the boy who followed in his footsteps, then foolishly betrayed his mentor.

This week I've discovered the wonder of macros.  What are macros?  They are scripts that you can run in Word that can make mundane tasks simple.  Convert all sentences to have two spaces after a period.  Find all questionable words.  Find sentences that begin with the same letter.

If you know programming, like I do, they actually kind of fun.  If you know VBA or VB Script, like I don't, they can be frustrating when you don't know the command to find out if two things are equal.  That's like not knowing what a period means.

Once I'm done, I'll post them up here.  The unfortunate thing is that it's distracting me from my writing--I can get obsessed trying to get the program to run right and run the way I want it to.  But I figure once it's done, it's going to significantly make the end-revision process faster.  Assuming they work the way I want them to.

Labels: ,