The 2010 Hugos and Where You Can Find Them

So every year the Hugos and Nebulas come out and I try and read them all. Of course, it's hard to read the novels, but they do have excerpts. So at least you can get an idea for what the book is about when they talk about it in the blogs.

This year, I thought I'd let you all in on what I find too. Share the wealth, that's what I say. So here are all the links I found to this year's Hugo nominations online. Some are full and some are excerpts. I usually didn't include Amazon if I didn't have to, but that's another resource you can use.

Now I'm not 100% sure all of these online publications are legal. So if I put up a link here, and it's not supposed to be there, let me know and I'll take it down. However, no one likes a Narc.

And for those of you that didn't put your work online--shame, shame. You're ruining a good chance for people to read a sample of your work and possibly buy more. Just keep that in mind.

EDIT: I'll also include a thumbs up or skip it rating, not that you care about my opinion

EDIT 2: Noted all the winners!

BEST NOVEL

Boneshaker by Cherie Priest (Excerpt - Prologue) Thumbs Up! WINNER! (tie)
The City & The City by China Miéville (Excerpt - Chapter 1) Thumbs Up! WINNER! (tie)
Julian Comstock: A Story of 22nd-Century America by Robert Charles Wilson (Excerpt - First 6 pages) Skip it
Palimpsest by Catherynne M. Valente (Excerpt - Chapters 1 & 2) Either way
Wake by Robert J. Sawyer (Excerpt - Chapters 1-12) Thumbs Up!
The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi (Excerpt - Chapters 1-9) Skip it

BEST NOVELLA

Act One by Nancy Kress (Full) Thumbs Up!
The God Engines by John Scalzi (Excerpt - Chapter 1) Thumbs Up!
Palimpsest by Charles Stross (Full) Skip it WINNER!
Shambling Towards Hiroshima by James Morrow (not found)
Vishnu at the Cat Circus by Ian McDonald (not found)
The Women of Nell Gwynne’s by Kage Baker (Excerpt - Chapter 1 & 2) Thumbs Up!

BEST NOVELETTE

Eros, Philia, Agape by Rachel Swirsky (Full) Skip it
The Island by Peter Watts (Full) Either way WINNER!
It Takes Two by Nicola Griffith (Full) Thumbs Up!
One of Our Bastards is Missing by Paul Cornell (Full) Skip it
Overtime by Charles Stross (Full) Thumbs Up!
Sinner, Baker, Fabulist, Priest; Red Mask, Black Mask, Gentleman, Beast by Eugie Foster (Full) Either way

BEST SHORT STORY

The Bride of Frankenstein by Mike Resnick (Full - audio) Thumbs Up!
Bridesicle by Will McIntosh (Full) Thumbs Up! WINNER!
The Moment by Lawrence M. Schoen (Full - audio) Either way
Non-Zero Probabilities by N.K. Jemisin (Full) Either way
Spar by Kij Johnson (Full) Thumbs Up!

Labels: , , ,