Nothing To Say

I really have nothing to say at the moment, but blog entries are getting sparse because of that so I wanted to nip that in the bud. The problem is that no one's responding on my queries and short stories. I've got submissions that have been languishing for almost half a year. I really have to stop submitting to publications that have 100+ day response times. It's just not worth it.

And I haven't gotten a rejection from an agent since May 7th. Either they're languishing in the slush readers inbox or have already been rejected and no one told me. I really hope it's not the latter, because that's just inconsiderate on the agent's part.

Yes, I know agents get a metric ton of emails per day. But here's the thing, I don't know if you've rejected me or not, so I don't want to move onto my next agent until I know. I picked you because I thought you were a good candidate to represent my book. I don't care if it's a form rejection, just give me something for closure.

Labels: ,