ISTJ

ISTJ
Introverted: 100%
Sensing: 25%
Thinking: 38%
Judging: 72%


This is me. This is the results of my Myers-Briggs personality test. I am very introverted and very judging. I am not intuitive or perceptive (as my wife will attest to). And it's probably not going to change. This is who I am, and who I'll continue to be.

100% introverted is pretty bad. I think it basically means that if everyone else fell off the world, I would be happy. Which is a little disturbing if you can view it objectively like I can (since I'm capital-J Judging). Of course, I don't want everyone to fall off the world. Who would read my books? (on the other hand--100% readership!)

It's like a super-hero power. If no one's around, I'm at my strongest, but there's no one to share my power with. And with more people, I get progressively weaker. I lose more energy.

It's also a probable reason why I fear the apocalypse so much. When the world ends, you're going to need to ask for help. You're going to need to trade with people, negotiate, argue, persuade, be a leader and a follower at the same time. I am none of those things. I am really shy about asking for help. One time, when I was in middle school and it was winter (below freezing), I forgot my key to get into the house after school. Instead of asking one of the unknown neighbors for help, I sat out there for an hour, waiting for my sister to get home.

The test also gave me some famous ISTJ people: Herbert Hoover (wins for best president during a depression), Harry S Truman (bookworm like me, but destroyed Japan, which is my favorite country after the U.S. and before Canada), Kirk Douglas (He's Spartacus... no, he's Spartacus. He's Spartacus), Clint Eastwood (made a lot of cool movies, but seems to play a grumpy douchebag in all of them), and Greta Garbo (who?).

Labels: ,