The Weight Loss Pledge

I arrived from Seattle with a hurting foot from all the walking, various souvenirs, and about 43 pounds of overweightness (BMI 28.5).

No, I didn't gain 43 pounds just in Seattle, but I did eat a lot of fatty food. In fact, I've been eating a lot of food for some time, and not doing anything to change my habits. This results in a lethargic me, a surly me, and a me that's not particularly fun to be around. When I get too much weight, it goes to my liver. And if my liver gets too big, my ribs start poking into it, and my side hurts if I sit for too long. It's actually a kind of nice warning sign when I'm too heavy.

Now the ideal weight for me is 167 pounds. There is NO WAY I'm ever going to get to that. The last time I weighed that, I was still growing. So I'm not going to take an unrealistic attempt at losing weight. I don't have time, and I like eating too much. I'm not going to deny one of the few pleasures in my life. I have so few. But something's got to be done, so I make this pledge.

THE WEIGHT LOSS PLEDGE (by me)

Labels: ,