Merm-8 Draft 2 Is All Done


When I gave my wife Black Hole Son - Draft 2 to read, she complained that the three-ring binder I used was unwieldy and difficult to read.  Thus, she didn't get through it (this was fine, as I'd already gotten the feedback I needed from other sources).  But for the next story, I would need something more manageable if I wanted her to review it (and I do).  Wouldn't it be nice if there was some way to form your manuscript into an affordable print-on-demand book?

But there is!  Lulu.com, as recommended by John Scalzi can do that and more.  I spent the weekend making the print-ready text, the cover (which I will post eventually), back, and spine and all that.  It's actually pretty neat and easy.  Of course, me being the control freak, I had to design my own cover, spine, and back, even though Lulu let's you make your own, and it's far easier.  I've got to say, it still looks like a POD book, but I'm not trying to publish this for realsies, so it doesn't matter that much.  But for a draft 2, it looks pretty damn good.

BTW, if you're looking for Merm-8 on there, you won't find it, because I made it accessible to only myself.  Why?  Well, it's not finished yet.  Obviously.  It's still on draft 2.

This is all my way of saying that Merm-8 Draft 2 is finished.  It's now time to submit it for critiques.  That gives me plenty of time to finish my short stories and then... well, I'm not sure.  I guess Half-Life 2 isn't going to play itself (kidding!).

Labels: