Playable Character is now in Roll the Bones



Friday night I received my copy of "Roll the Bones", the anthology that my story Playable Character comes out in. It's a Lulu-published book (which doesn't and shouldn't undermine its integrity, I use Lulu too). It's taken a long time since its inception to come out. When I first received word that it was accepted, the publication date was September 2010. But now the common man can pick it up and read awesome stories about fantasy fighting.

I haven't been able to look at what my story looks like -- it's quite thick -- but I did manage to look at the Table of Contents. There my story is listed as "Terms of Use", not "Playable Character". A long time ago, they thought "Terms of Use" would be a better title, and asked if they could change it. I declined because A) I thought "Playable Character" was better and B) People might be confused that the same story has two different titles. It's already been published twice before.

I'm a little miffed, but not enough to write an angry letter. This is the sort of thing that happens to beginning writers. When you're in my stage of development, getting your work in print is your number one goal.

So you should go read it. The link is in the upper right hand corner. There's lots of other good stories in there too.

Labels: ,