Merm-8 Starting Up Again Soon


Last Wednesday I started receiving critiques for Merm-8, Chapter 5.  That's the last of my chapters in the Critters queue, so that means it's almost time to jump back into the water.  I'm not sure how to feel about that.  I'm a little nervous about returning -- will there be a lot of revisions to make?  Did I forget everything about the story?  Am I writing the right plot for the setting?  And there's a little relief that there's light at the end of the tunnel.

I got a lot of critiques, a nice amount of RFDRs, so I've got a lot to read through before I can start actual revising.  I haven't read them in any meaningful way, but it appears most opinion was positive.  But I said that with Black Hole Son, too.  But this time, it seems there are more thumbs up this time around, and hopefully no conflicts between "I hate these scene" vs. "I've got to include this scene because its meaningful".

Again, I wonder if I'm spinning my wheels like I did with Black Hole Son -- making a novel that will never be sold.  But I guess if I enjoy it, it's not a waste of time.

Labels: ,