Friday, August 12, 2011
Done Incorporating Merm-8 Critiques - Begin 3rd Draft
I finished incorporating all the critiques I received from Merm-8 into the novel. It took a long time, especially the ending which needed to be severely revised. The problem was that the sacrifice was not earned or hinted at so I need to sprinkle more hints throughout, and then totally revamp the structure around the final reveal.
The biggest problem was that I kept changing my mind. At first, I wasn't going to do the sacrifice, and I had to weave my way around making it work. Then the way I weaved it, I thought "hey, there can still be a sacrifice. Might as well put it in." So I did. Took a long time to get everything plausible though.
And now the battle is to go through it again, make sure everything works, make sure there are no linger artificats from previous scenes and shufflings. My work is cut out for me.